Monday, October 6, 2008

Canning Season

This is were I get to do a little bragging and not feel guilty. I don't expect any one to read or care, but I feel good about what I have accomplished. Plus I use this as my little journal, since I don't take the time to write in my "Real" journal.

My neighbor and good friend got me more into canning a couple of years ago. So this year I have canned a little on my own. This year I have canned some pears, apple pie filling, applesauce and I hope to get some tomatoes done later this week. I love to see the finished product (so therefore the picture.) I leave the jars out for a day or two to make myself feel good for what I have accomplished.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh I am totally leaving my applesauce on the counter for days too. Thanks for all your help, I owe you Rubio's.

Katheryn Snyder said...

you go girl! I bet your house smelled so good with that apple pie filling! Yum!

Amanda said...

Ooo, i've always wanted to learn how to can... my sister and mom taught me last week while i was visiting them in PA... we had a good time...

but boy does it take time and patience... really makes you apprieate a 89 cent can of green beans... :)